Webmin is a free control panel that provides a simple yet effective user interface for website and server owners to manage their services (mail server, dns, apache, ssl etc).
Here are the steps to create an e-mail account:
STEP 1. From the left-side Menu, click “System” and then click on “Users and Groups”
STEP 2. Click on “Create a new user” link
STEP 3. Fill in the form with appropriate information. For this article’s purposes we will use the username: demouser. The following ones are recommended to be filled-in:
- Username (if you want to have an email address firstname.lastname@example.org , set the username’s value to demouser)
- User ID: leave it automatic
- Real Name: required only for you to identify each account from the list
- Home Directory: Click “Directory” and set it to: /home/<username> where <username> is what you set in the Username field
- Shell: Leave it as it is
- Password: click the “Normal password” and type your desired password (it will be encrypted on save/exit)
You will see few more settings/fields on the same form. You may fill them in if you like. However, the above mentioned fields are those required to have a valid e-mail account created.
FINAL STEP 4. Now click the “Create” button and you are done!
Our technical support team is always available to assist you for any problems or questions you may have. We strongly recommend that you let us do the tasks for you, in order to ensure high reliability, stability and security of your system.